Menue 2

Fürstenzug, Großer Schlosshof, Evangelische Schlosskapelle
Fürstenzug
Großer Schlosshof
Evangelische Schlosskapelle
The chapel of the castle in Dresden was the sacral place for the protestant prayers of high society for more than 200 years. The chapel was built in 1551-1555 and included two streams of architectural style. The walls represented Renaissance style while the vaults symbolized Gothic style. In 1737, the chapel was turned into a profane building. After the total destruction during the bombardments in 1945, its restoring was started at the end of 20-th century.